Meditation is a traditional method, about which we have talked many times. But when we talk practically about it, we understand it less, because over time changes people tell us about many types of meditation to us and we get confused.
Most calming meditation includes – breaths, mantras, visualization, a physical object even physical sensations within our body. When we do meditation many kinds of things overload our minds related to our daily life problems or stress or depression.
There are many kinds of meditation types which here I will share with you all to understand it.
- Mantra Meditation: This mantra is practically coming from traditional times (Hindu and Buddhist) like a repetition of sounds or words or phrases like “OM”; “OM NAMAH SHIVAY” ETC. Whether you speak loudly or quietly. But when you do it you will be alert of being in the present environment which will help you experience a deeper level of awareness.
- Mindfulness Meditation: it’s from Buddhist training where you pay attention to the thoughts that pass through your mind. Broadening our conscious awareness. Like focusing on breathing, observing our thoughts or emotions but just letting them pass, don’t judge them.
- Focused Meditation: Entirely focusing on a single object during an entire meditation session. It can be breath, mantra, mala beads or candle flame, etc. The ability to concentrate will improve and you will enjoy it.
- Spiritual Meditation: It allows you to discover who you are, you as your real self stripped of all the perceptions you had about yourself. It makes you realize the eternal truth and let go of whatever happened and brings you in present.
- Loving-Kindness Meditation: It is used to strengthen feelings of compassion, kindness, and acceptance towards oneself and others. Opening the mind to receive love from others and then sending your love and wishes to your loved one.
“ Meditation and Concentration are the way to a life of serenity.”
BENEFITS OF MEDITATION:
- Reduce pain and enhances the immune system
- Reduces feelings of depression, anxiety, anger, and confusion
- Increases blood flow
- Provides a sense of calm, peace, and balance
- Helps control thoughts
- Increases energy
- Reduce stress
- Helps in the control of heart disease
HOW TO DO IT:
- Find a place to sit, where you can sit calmly, peacefully, and comfortably like roof, balcony, or garden, or in legs fold position.
- Sets your time limitations for 5 – 10 minutes. If you do it regularly you will enjoy it.
- Relax your body and muscles.
- Try the types of meditation that suit you
- Count your breaths, and see its slower or faster
- Notice your thoughts and let them come up and don’t judge it
“Meditation is a way for nourishing and blooming the divinity within you”
Anshul VineetApril 20, 2023
Great article, very informative.